The basic functionality of the KNX Line Coupler is coupling two KNX TP lines (mainline and subline) providing galvanic isolation in between. Due to its flexibility, ITR901-002 can be used as a KNX line coupler or KNX area coupler (to connect a TP line to a TP area or backbone), or a KNX repeater (without filtering). Operational and filtering states, malfunction, and faulty communication are indicated by LEDs.
ITR901-002 is able to filter the traffic according to the installation place in the bus system hierarchy and according to the built-in filter tables for group-oriented communication.
ITR901-0002 supports long messages (up to 240 byte APDU length) and features, for commissioning/troubleshooting, a configurable “Manual Function” with single button press activation and automatic switch-off to temporarily deactivate filtering.
Available functions are:
• Suppress device configuration from the subline
• Suppress device-oriented telegrams
• Trace the subline traffic.
• Enable/disable filtering of Group telegrams or Physical telegrams.
• a Reduced number of retransmissions options
• Diagnostic functions